Breast Imaging Center – Patient Safety
Here at Eastern Radiologists Breast Imaging Center, the health and safety of our community has always been our fundamental concern. With the accessibility of our practice beginning to widen, we want to reassure you that we are taking the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. By actively monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19) throughout eastern North Carolina, we can make the appropriate adaptations to keep our practice a safe place for patients. We are continuously evaluating the most recent developments concerning COVID-19 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the NC Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS), and our local health system partners.
We are working tirelessly to provide a clean and safe imaging center for all of eastern North Carolina. By regularly providing healthcare services, we are accustomed to working diligently and taking extra sanitation precautions. Disease prevention has always been and will continue to be at the forefront of our thinking. Eastern Radiologists has been providing care for eastern North Carolina for more than 65 years. During this pandemic, we have continued to be a safe place for your imaging needs.
Effective May 18th, we will be offering our full services at our Breast Imaging Center, including screening mammography. We want to assure you that our staff is taking all the necessary precautions to keep our practice clean and safe for our patients.
With these new measures in place, we can improve our efficiency while keeping our patients safe. Some of these new measures include:
- A pre-screening questionnaire is in place to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our patients safe. (You can find this at the bottom of the page.)
- We will be screening all patients for COVID-19 related symptoms at time of check-in.
- Patient time slots will be spaced accordingly to help ensure we are complying with social distancing.
- Social distancing markers have been placed throughout our center.
- Increased sanitation procedures have been implemented in preparation for your arrival.
- Please limit the number of visitors that are with at your appointment. We are currently asking patients to not bring a visitor with them, unless absolutely necessary. If absolutely necessary, visitors are to be limited to one person.
3. Personal Protective Equipment, PPE
- Appropriate PPE is provided to all staff and patients.
- Please plan to wear a face mask upon your arrival to our Breast Imaging Center. If you do not have one, one will be provided for you.
- Hand hygiene is required for all of our staff before entering an exam room or encountering any patient.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for our patients upon arrival.
4. Pre-Screening Questionnaire
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you had “close contact” with a person with confirmed COVID-19 or suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days AND DO YOU have symptoms?
- Are you currently undergoing cancer treatment or are you immunocompromised?
We would like to remind you that our hours of operation are; Monday through Friday from 8am until 6pm and Saturday from 8am until 4pm. Please note, that if there is any confusion or uncertainty about your upcoming appointment, do not hesitate to contact us at 252.752.5000. We are here to help keep our community healthy and safe. We want to thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.